Blank Picture Folder Cover Art

V3 help and support questions

Blank Picture Folder Cover Art

Postby smarty on Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:03 pm

I was making some skinning and other changes when I noticed that my Picture Cover Art was messed up.

To fix this, I THOUGHT the procedure was to delete the "c:\program files'xlobby cache" folder contents (or maybe even the whole folder), and then delete the picture database using the F2 screen (I didn't actually delete the pictures.xml file, I assume that was done when I deleted the database in F2).

Anyway, when I re-imported the pictures (which seemed awfully FAST), and thus re-made the picture database, my picture FOLDER cover art was still not showing up as it should. New cache files were created, but the FOLDER cover art was missing (individual picture cover art was there, and the pictures would display when selected).

What am i doing wrong?

Note: I am running Vista. The source pictures are on a networked machine. Xlobby is running as a full install (not as a fat client or Xnet machine).
smarty

Re: Blank Picture Folder Cover Art

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:42 pm

i guess xlobby only generates the folder covers once.

something has since deleted it - i dont know of a way to force there recreation...

... apart from deleting the database and then re-importing it.

Maybe someone else can come up with a cleaner fix?
S Pittaway

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:30 pm

I've pretty much given up on having the folder's show images of the pictures in xlobby on any sort of consistent basis. This has been an issue since I started looking at it, probably 2 years ago. and the "fix" that used to work doesn't work anymore it seems. Very frustrating.
cmhardwick

Postby smarty on Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:19 pm

OK....Ghosts!!!

At lunchtime, I went home and closed Xlobby. I deleted the cache folder completely (even emptied the recycle bin). I then made sure the pictures.xml database was also deleted.

I then started Xlobby normally, and then imported the pictures as you would normally do. It now seemed to work. IT DIDN'T DO THIS LAST NIGHT....I don't get it....but it now is OK.
smarty