Got the remote, now what?

Speak your mind

Got the remote, now what?

Postby Tracie on Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:24 pm

Well, I received my remote yesterday & it's fantastic. So now I want to set it up with Xlobby for true home theater nirvana, but I'm unsure of what the next step is (obviously I need to get a USB-IRT). For those of you using the Home Theater Master remotes, is there a setup file or plugin for Girder or will I need to start from scratch? I bought the MX-500 if that helps.
Tracie

Re: Got the remote, now what?

Postby art on Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:42 pm

Tracie wrote:For those of you using the Home Theater Master remotes, is there a setup file or plugin for Girder or will I need to start from scratch? I bought the MX-500 if that helps.

I don't think there is a file or plugin for Girder for MX500, I think it goes the other way around - you find files for your devices, you teach MX IR codes from original remote (or teach it any codes from any remote) and pass them to Girder. MX 500 is pretty good, I was even able to teach it mouse movements (vertical and horizontal) right and left clicks from my Airboard :)
art

Postby Tracie on Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:47 pm

Thanks Art. I actually have all of my devices done & can control all of them with the MX with no Girder, I'm just wondering where to start with the HTPC part. Do you know if it's possible to use the IR receiver for the Airboard in place of buying a separate IR device, such as Irman? I didn't think to try teaching the remote the mouse movements off of the Airboard - that seems like a good starting place. I realize that I can get the basic mouse movements that way, but I'm wondering if you can get more advanced control of Winamp & Theatertek with the Airboard's IR receiver.

Any other pointers you can throw my way?
Tracie

Postby art on Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:04 pm

Tracie wrote: but I'm wondering if you can get more advanced control of Winamp & Theatertek with the Airboard's IR receiver.

Any other pointers you can throw my way?

It all depends on what you want to do. You can teach any key from Airboard to MX and AirB receiver will work with those IR codes. Using Girder (with keyboard plugin) you can assign what ever action (including Winamp etc controls) to this IR code, so let say you'll teach MX F11 key, in Girder (I think Girder has plugin for Winamp) pick whatever action you want and capture IR code from MX. I don't know how complicated is your setup, but if it's not too bad this approach should work. In my setup I only use receiver from AirB and MyHD, and I use MX control everything...
art

Postby Tracie on Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:01 pm

Hmmm, this is looking good then. My setup really isn't too complicated - the biggest thing will be Winamp, & it looks like that *might* be the only thing I'll need Girder for. Thanks again.
Tracie