Offline DVD Title

Help each other out

Offline DVD Title

Postby ddiv on Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:55 am

When I click on an offline DVD it askes me to insert the collection number of my disc or %collectionNumber% in the settings. I tried changin this to %Title% to get it to display the title, but it just displayed nothing (ie please insert: ) what is the tag of the title of the disk??

Thanks!
ddiv

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:02 am

Try:
Code: Select all
Please insert disc: %title%

That's what I'm using and it works fine. But be ready- in alpha 39 there was a problem with there not being enough room in the display box that pops up to show the entire name of the movie(depending on the length and what you say, ie: "Insert: " will leave more room for title then "Please insert dvd disc: "). The new alpha has this "bug" fixed so itll display the title in full under the "Please..." text.... .... I think. heh :) Good luck!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby ddiv on Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:29 am

again , you have saved the day...it must have been the capita T as opposed to the small one.

I dont want to take the thread off topic, but im trying to get some dolby demos to work...they give you a file thats demoname.vob and apparently im supposed to rename that to VTS_01_1.vob and save in its own VIDEO_TS folder. I have done this but whn I say Create New IFO for the vob in IFOedit, its finishes and then crashes...am I using the right command or is my copy of ifoedit acting weird/

thank again
ddiv

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:32 am

Like I said before, anytime man. Honestly I dont use trailers nor have i had a chance to even fool around with them, check out this topic though, will prolly help you out more then I will (and feel free to post there with any questions as well). Good luck!

-matt

edit: lol forgot to post the link:

http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=979
mattdisaster

Re: Offline DVD Title

Postby jazbo on Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:53 am

[quote="ddiv"]When I click on an offline DVD it askes me to insert the collection number of my disc or %collectionNumber% in the settings. I tried changin this to %Title% to get it to display the title, but it just displayed nothing (ie please insert: ) what is the tag of the title of the disk??

I am having a hard time with the offline DVDs: when I click the Play button, nothing happens... I tested the moviesoffline event in Event Manager and it worked fine, any clue as to what could be wrong? Is there a parameter I need to put in the database file for the DVD?

Thanks,
jazbo
jazbo

Postby acemt01 on Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:37 pm

Jazbo,

I am having the same problem. When I click on a offline DVD, TT starts and just sits there. Pressing play doesn't help either. Use to work in the older versions, so I will keep trying to figure out why.

Mark
acemt01

Postby Tracie on Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:58 pm

acemt01,
Mine does that too, but it's a TT issue, not Xlobby. Same deal, used to work fine but then I patched TT, & well, you know, if it aint broke don't fix it & it wasn't broke & I tried to fix it. :evil: Anyway, does it work outside of Xlobby & have you tried the TT forums?
Tracie

Postby acemt01 on Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:10 pm

Tracie,

I haven't tried it outside Xlobby because I don't have another way to watch my online DVD's other than to click on the video_ts.ifo, and that works. I wonder if it has to do with the command line in Xlobby though, as all it does is start TT, so how would xlobby know where to find the file?

Mark
acemt01

Postby Tracie on Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:17 pm

Mark,
It certainly may be that, but I'd give a couple of your offline movies a try outside of Xlobby just to be sure. I understand what you're saying about the online stuff - Xlobby makes it soooo much nicer to deal with that part of it.
Tracie

Postby acemt01 on Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:36 am

Tracie,

I figured out why mine wouldn't work. Maybe it will help you. I had "start theatertek" selected in event manager for the "play" button when I selected a movie. It should be "start movie" (under the movie tab) for that button. After I made that change, everything worked fine.

Hope that helps.

Mark
acemt01

Postby jazbo on Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:50 pm

acemt01 wrote:Tracie,

I figured out why mine wouldn't work. Maybe it will help you. I had "start theatertek" selected in event manager for the "play" button when I selected a movie. It should be "start movie" (under the movie tab) for that button. After I made that change, everything worked fine.

Hope that helps.

Mark

I am using zoomplayer, perhaps the same command will work for it like TT. Keeping my fingers crossed...

jazbo
jazbo

Postby Tracie on Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:01 am

Thanks Mark, will give that a try. Glad to hear you got it working.
Tracie