Images are causing lag

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

Images are causing lag

Postby defrag on Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:42 am

Steven,

Rebuilding my skin on the new version I have noticed a new slow down when moving to a screen which has many items of cover art. My music page displays 36 album images at t a time, and it has become seriously slow. I tried toggling the interface settings in setup, this meant a 3 minute startup time for xlobby - not good!! Have you changed something here? it was never this slow with the other pre-releases?
defrag

Re: Images are causing lag

Postby wesblack on Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:05 am

Defrag,

Did you E-Mail this to Steven yet. In any case I will ask him about your issue on Monday. If I forget to reply soon, please remind me again.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:41 am

Hi Wes,

No I didn't, as I'd emailed him about another issue earlier :D !!! I'll check in with him in a few days!

Cheers
defrag

Postby wesblack on Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 pm

Defrag,

I spoke to Steven earlier and nothing should have changed, what build are you using so we can look at it more closely.

Thanks !

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby defrag on Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:41 am

I've spoken to Steven about this, V3 will hopefully address it.

I noticed it on the latest build when migrating my xPro skin over from the earlier pre-releases and free version, none of which had this problem. I'm knee deep in plugins at the mo, so I'll keep an eye on it - but unless others find the same issues, happy to wait. It's not a show stopper, just an annoyance.

Thanks
defrag