Jowaldo's Skin 4.2 - UPDATED 02/08/05 www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby jusatry on Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:29 pm

Email sent.....let me know what you think.

Thanks!!!
jusatry

Postby jowaldo on Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:47 pm

hmm i honestly can't find any reason why it wouldn't work. That is especially strange it works in the defualt skin and not mine. I'll have to play around with it some more to see what I can find, but as of now I'm at a loss for ideas.
jowaldo

Postby jusatry on Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:46 am

jowaldo wrote:hmm i honestly can't find any reason why it wouldn't work. That is especially strange it works in the defualt skin and not mine. I'll have to play around with it some more to see what I can find, but as of now I'm at a loss for ideas.

Hey, thanks for even looking at it! I really appreciate it..

I have an (unrelated) question, since based on your skin you obviously know a thing or two about xLobby :P

I like the way the default skin shows 15 movies at a time - but when i click a movie and go the the movie display page, the font of the description is tiny. So i poked around in the "moviedisplay.xml" file (after making a copy) and started changing font sizes till i found the right one to change and till the font got bigger. So the question is 2-fold. Any (relativly simple) way to figure out which value of font for "text'" does what? and when i make the font bigger, it starts cutting off the description mid-sentance, but it is only allotting half the space available for descriptions for the description. y'know what i mean?

I know this is long winded and probably relativly simple, but i was wondering if you had any insigt. Thanks!
jusatry

Postby jowaldo on Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:06 am

Have you played around with the skin editor at all yet? Just hit the pause/break key, and you'll see a bunch of different tabs, click the text tab, then click on the text area on the specific part in question. Its fairly self explanitory, but if you need any info on what certain things mean, most is covered in the help section of this website. If that doesn't answer your question, just let me know...
jowaldo

Postby jusatry on Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:05 am

Jowaldo,

Thanks. I looked at the skin editor a littl, but i dont see a text tab :(

I have on the top: button, screen, goto screen, edit TV guide, Edit category and rescources. on the bottom is default, display, event, image, advanced, navigation override :?:

What am i missing?

Ill keep poking around - thanks for the help so far!
jusatry

Postby jusatry on Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:09 am

Nevermind, i fount ir - im an idiot!

Thanks SOOO much for the help - i prolly woulda given up on XL if i hadnt gotten that, but now that im doing it its not so hard!

Thanks again.
jusatry

Postby jowaldo on Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:57 am

yeah somehow I think steven should make the skin editor more prononunced, or noticable, I don't think many people know about it. Which is sad cuz thats one of the most unique and powerful things in xlobby.
jowaldo

Postby Arthur on Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:27 pm

In the very very old days, Steve had put something in XLobby which would force you to update your skin evrey now and then, to encourage the development of xlobby. Now it's just jowaldo which will make me switch to the newest Xlobby version and his new skin.
Good job Jowaldo!
Arthur

Postby jowaldo on Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:50 pm

Arthur wrote:In the very very old days, Steve had put something in XLobby which would force you to update your skin evrey now and then, to encourage the development of xlobby. Now it's just jowaldo which will make me switch to the newest Xlobby version and his new skin.
Good job Jowaldo!

Thanks for the complement! :D
jowaldo

Postby dgemily on Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:10 pm

You asked to me, to post what I think about your skin:
So, I love your skin, you did an awesome work on it Image and thank you to share it.
There is just one major thing it prevents me to use really your skin: there are some fonts too small to read them on a standard TV display. (Like the plot for the movies).
I know that it’s easy to increase fonts but the places for these small texts (example for the movies’ plot) are too small, so I can’t read the full plot…. (I have the same problem with the Colby skin and HeavyMetal skin…
I asked for a “feature request” to resolve this: http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14453#14453

If this request will be done, I will be able to use correctly your skin without making a lot of modifications.
And if you can add bigger place for the text with small police and may be increasing these fonts that should be nice too…

Later,

Dge
dgemily

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:00 pm

I can make the plot text bigger... What do you think about me adding a "more" button at the bottom of the plot, so if the text is too long for the space allowed in that window, you can click "more" then another overlay will open fullscreen with just the plot info, so it is very easy to read?

Are there any other places where the font seems too small?
jowaldo

Postby dgemily on Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:06 pm

What do you think about me adding a "more" button at the bottom of the plot, so if the text is too long for the space allowed in that window, you can click "more" then another overlay will open fullscreen with just the plot info, so it is very easy to read?

yep, that is a very idea, thx

Are there any other places where the font seems too small?

yes there are, but I'm not at home right now, so I can't tell you where the font is to small...
I will keep an eye, when I will be back...

( I will be on the Chat room in about 1 or 2 hours)

Later,
Last edited by dgemily on Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dgemily

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:08 pm

dgemily wrote:
( I will be on the Chat room in about 1 or 2 hours)

I'm in there now..
jowaldo

Postby dgemily on Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:49 pm

sorry, I get an access denied :shock: , I will try later or I will post in this thread.

Later,

Dge
dgemily

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:05 pm

dgemily wrote:sorry, I get an access denied :shock: , I will try later or I will post in this thread.

Later,

Dge

yeah it wouldn't let me in either... so i'm just using mirc
jowaldo

PreviousNext