PPC Connection

Help each other out

PPC Connection

Postby ddiv on Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:56 am

Hi everyone...just new to xlobby and really loving getting it going. Tonight I tried to tackle the PPC remote side of tings and have run into trouble. I am trying to connect VIA bluetooth (maybe my first problems) as I havent read that it *cant* be done...just that its slow. I set up the server.txt to read the same as the IP listed in xlobby and it gives me the error blah blah, Could not find Resource Assembly. So I tried with the bluetooth pairing name, same deal..I tried with the other IP xlobby gave me (4.0.2.0 seemed like it might be a local bluetooth connection or something) still no deal. Any suggestions or do I have to go to wifi :( ???

Thanks!
ddiv

Postby rhinoman on Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:11 am

I've definitley read that someone acheived a bluetooth connection so it can be done.

In setup have you started the server?

Does your PPC connect to the pc via bluetooth outside of xlobby. If it does then its most likly the server text that needs editing. The text should read (ip of xlobby server):ppcmenu . Mine is 192.168.0.2:ppcmenu
rhinoman

Postby ddiv on Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:28 pm

Yeah, Ive started the server...and it does connect outside of xLobby. I did have a thought this morning though, that I may have forgotten to install the .net framework on the server side. I remember downloading it the day before, but Im not sure I installed it. Can anyone confirm if that error would correspond to not having the .net installed? Also, I get the same error when I have xLobby turned off completely, so I think it just isnt seeing the connection.

Thanks
ddiv

Postby rhinoman on Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:36 pm

You must already have .net on the server otherwise xlobby wouldn't run on it, you also need .net on the PPC if its not a 2003 version. If this is both correct then it must be down to the server text file.
rhinoman

Postby ddiv on Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:22 pm

i have ppc2003 AND ive installed .net compact. If you say xlobby need .net to run, then I guess i have it too. Ive tried everything in the server text from multiple IPs generated by xlobby to the name of the bluetooth connection...should it be the bluetooth name I use or the computer name? maybe thats where the problem lies.

update...I talked to one of the tech guys here at my work, and he suggested that I turn on my computers webserver type bluetooth connection and let it essentially act as a router serving up IPs. That type of connection sounds like what xlobby wants and I do remember when configuring bluetooth an option to allow other devices to grab my computers internet connection taht I didnt check. I will try fiddling with that tonight...in the meantime any other suggestions to try would be great thanks!
ddiv

Postby rhinoman on Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:30 pm

The ip you need comes up when you turn on the server in xlobby or else just use that computers name.

xlobbyservernameorip:ppcmenu
rhinoman

Postby ddiv on Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:34 pm

rhinoman...thanks. I tried all the ips it was giving me and my bluetooth connection name...ill try the actual computer name tongiht.
ddiv

down and out

Postby ddiv on Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:02 am

Well...bluetooth beat me; i tbeat me hard and it beat me good. by the end of it, I had an IP conflict with another network device and Id nuked my internet connection :roll: I dont think I know wenough about how this stuff works to get it working. If anyone has themselves gotten BT to work with xlobby id LOVE to hear how. I guess Ill have to buy an sd wifi card :?
ddiv