iphone touchscreen webserver edition v1

Skin graphics and skinning help

Re: iphone touchscreen skin v1.2 - DOWNLOAD

Postby samsonlov on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:03 pm

The new screen looks better (IMO).
edit: I just compared the two again, and I'm revising my reply:
"The old screen looks very good... ...the new screen looks great!"
Minor quibble: (If the tracklist is the "playlist"), maybe instead of the "next" button, you can have a vert. scroll-bar on the right?
:)
samsonlov

Postby Grooby on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:14 pm

The only thing with a scroll bar is that it sizes to how many tracks are in the playlist, if you have hundred's of tracks the scroll bar will be very small and not very practical for small touch screens.

The next button is supposed to be a play button showing what track is playing.

I would have used a highlight bar but you cannot resize it to how much you want to highlight vertically.

Maybe the new screen is getting to close to a playlist screen?

I'll keep having a play!

Andy
Last edited by Grooby on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grooby

Postby samsonlov on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:48 pm

Yeah, sizing to the number of tracks wouldn't work for large playlists. Fortunately the scrollbar should size to the number of pages, not number of tracks. :)
If you're sticking with 8 tracks per page, then you'd need over 80 - 100 tracks on a playlist for the scrollbar to become "smallish", and once you approach 100 songs in a playlist, you're usually getting up to 3 to 5 hours of music, and with playlists that large I can see where a "page previous" button above (and a "page next" button below) the slider would come in handy.

May I also suggest that having "next" and "previous" buttons with a scrollbar between them would make it much easier to jump around the larger playlists - instead of having to hit the "next" button at least 10 times to get to the middle of any playlist with more than 180 songs.

Anyway, you're the designer - so do it however you think is best, and I'm sure everyone (including me) will love it.

Keep-up the good work,
Samson
samsonlov

Postby Grooby on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:13 pm

Good points, i may just turn this into the new playlist screen and mess about a bit more.

Thanks
Grooby

Postby samsonlov on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:23 pm

If you want, email me and I'll send you a sample of how I used to have my musicplaylist.xml file.
I do it a bit differently than the default playlist.
(User first has to click to highlight a track, and then select the "action" to apply to the "selected track". eg. move up/down, delete, play, etc.)
samsonlov

Postby Grooby on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:54 pm

Finished new playlist screen

ScreenShot006.jpg

New Prism screen

ScreenShot002.jpg

Music Tracks

ScreenShot001.jpg

Now Playing

ScreenShot003.jpg
Grooby

Postby Grooby on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:11 pm

Wes, not been able to test the screens for the iphone as not got one yet...25th !! for me...did it scale ok on screen, had to judge it?

Andy
Grooby

Postby Grooby on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:23 pm

I'm in the process of building an unRAID server at the moment (http://www.lime-technology.com/joomla/), if anybody is interested I'll post some pics when I'm done and let you know of my experiences.

If anybody is running one how are you finding it?

Andy

HAPPY XMAS by the way! :D
Grooby

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:54 pm

I'm in the process of building an unRAID server at the moment (http://www.lime-technology.com/joomla/), if anybody is interested I'll post some pics when I'm done and let you know of my experiences.

If anybody is running one how are you finding it?

Been running the Basic version of it for the past year. Been using v4.3, and it hasn't given me a reason to upgrade to the latest. Been using 2x750G and a 500Gig hard drives. The one 750 only has 6Gigs left of free space, and the 500 has under 50 left. Hoping for Christmas wishes to come true, and get a couple of larger hard drives (new parity and data drive). If that happens, I'm going to upgrade to at least to plus, and have 1.5T parity, 1.5T data, 2x750G data. The 500 will then be a spare until I either get a SATA expansion card, or use in a different system altogether.

I only had one issue with my server, otherwise it has run flawlessly. For some reason at one point, I was getting a ton of drive errors, both on the data and parity drives. I did a parity check, and everything seemed fine, cleared the error buffer, and I never had another issue about it, so I don't really know what happened to it. I've got more info on my google site about my UnRAID build. Gotta admit, it is my least troublesome system...strange, as it is the only one not using Windows :lol: . Your gonna absolutely love it.

Have a Merry Christmas and a great New Years. Keep up the awesome skins.
Marbles_00

Postby Grooby on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Thanks for feedback, great website by the way. (I sent you a PM)

Andy
Grooby

Re: NEW - iphone touchscreen webserver edition

Postby Grooby on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:29 pm

New version in main post :D
Grooby

Postby Grooby on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Just seen AVATAR, as a visual experience it's amazing...only thing i didn't like is the damn glasses, i've now got a sore red ridge across my nose.

For the home i think i may need to wait until its all natively built into the screen so i don't have to sit with a damn pair of glasses. 8)
Grooby

Postby billberet on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:57 pm

i downloaded a bootleg, seems every time i go to the theater i get some dumba$$ kid that either talks too much or kicks my chair.
For me, i think the 3d experience is over rated, by putting the picture out of phase and having your mind recreate the 2 halfs to make it appear 3d only gives you a headache, lol.

but yea, avatar was a great movie! 2 thumbs up from me
billberet

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 pm

So we will be seeing an "Avatar" influenced skin in the near future :?: :wink:
Marbles_00

Postby Grooby on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:47 pm

in Blue 3D :D
Grooby

PreviousNext