Help with PPC and resolutions

Help each other out

Help with PPC and resolutions

Postby WannaTheater on Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:48 am

Hi, for a long time I have been controlling Xlobby solely from a Dell Axim PPC. The skin I have been using is derived from Baddabing's Heavy Metal - but just the PPC screens (plus my own) at a resolution of 240x320. On the PPC (thin client) I have resolution set to "auto." Everything has been working great this way.

But now I have a new skin at a resolution of 800x600. I have incorporated my original PPC screens into this new skin. But for some reason I cannot get the PPC to connect to XLobby (it hangs up, as if the XLobby server is not running - although it is). I can only assume there is a problem with a resolution mismatch.

So, I want to run XLobby at 800x600 on my main system. But I also want to run the PPC screens from my Dell axim at 240x320. I would assume this is possible... anyone know where I am going wrong?

thanks!
WannaTheater

Re: Help with PPC and resolutions

Postby rika on Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:14 am

I don´t think it´s a resolution mismatch. I know i been running 1024x768 on the ppc by misstage, it works but every things gets very small...
Look at your clients "server.txt" are every thing right here?
Have the server ip-nr been change?
Is the screen:ppcmenu (or what you use as first ppc screen) present in your skin?

If you don´t find any thing wrong please post your server.txt here

Rika
rika

Re: Help with PPC and resolutions

Postby WannaTheater on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:36 am

Not sure what happened, but a server and client reboot fixed the problem. I can now run main Xlobby at 800x600, and the PPC screens are running on PPC at 240x320. Thanks!
WannaTheater