Planned HTPC (Over the coming Months) - Comments/Suggestions

good place to post your setup and get feedback from others.

Re: Planned HTPC (Over the coming Months) - Comments/Suggestions

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:47 pm

Thanks for the input Larry, every little bit helps. The CPU will most likely be larger as the AMD's are pretty cheap now. The 4200 was a baseline (if I get it as a Christmas gift :wink: ).

I may have to look more at the video card...thanks for the website info on that and on the silent harddrive website. I will have to look them up for sure.

I'm going to wait for the HD type DVD drives to come down in price...as mentioned on the website, I have that dual layer just sitting in the packaging right now...none of my current computers are fast enough to really use it.

Yeah all this will be outputed to a 47" Panny 16x9 RPTV...currently, I'm not really taking advantage of it, so a system like this will be really cool.
Marbles_00

Re: Planned HTPC (Over the coming Months) - Comments/Suggestions

Postby lpg on Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:59 pm

Man, when you get set up you really need to go to AVSforum.com in the HTPC section they have a sticky thread on settind up the vid playback for theatertek ( I had to go with this one because zoome player was giving me channel steering problem to my high end audio card) and zoomplayer. You won't believe the picture quality that is possible theough the HTPC.

You will also need to check out Slysoft's anydvd. They help ensure all discs run on the machine.

I hope Santa has electronics for both of us this year.

Larry
lpg

Previous