music Top50 charts and other music issues

Speak your mind

music Top50 charts and other music issues

Postby Teuf on Wed May 02, 2007 3:13 pm

Hi there !

I've discovered the XMusic plugin, and its feature let imagine a lot of new functionnality for music section . :P

In fact, I want to make a Top 50 song chart on my skin .
I've a music directory organised like artist/album/track.mp3, and the category is using directories to organise MP3 .

So when I'm entering in the music section, i've a first screen displaying artists with an image, when clicking on the artist you can see all his/her/their albums , and clicking on a album, the tracklist .

I've installed the XMusic plugin and the music count works perfectly .

My problem is when i want to display the top50 of the most played track .
I've a screen with category music sorted with played.count, but it displayed the artist level and i want the track level to display .

:?: I've other idea like that, but my problem is to specify the granularity of a category, is there anyway to "force" a category to display artist, albums, songs ?

:?: Does anyone has an idea to combine this plugin and sort order to display tracks ?

sorry for my poor english ... :oops:

thank in advance

Teuf
Teuf

Re: music Top50 charts and other music issues

Postby scottw on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:28 pm

You ever have any luck doing this???
scottw

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:48 pm

your english is fine :)

in the old days i was hoping that steve would add in some extra functions if i got the basics going but now i guessit wont happen.

I think that you would currently need a plugin to do this, defrag was talking about one here "http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5923"

I dont know if he is still working on it tho...

And i am glad you found he plugin useful.

Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby scottw on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:03 pm

Thanks Sean,

I am revisiting your xMusic plugin, I know it has been a while but do you mind if I ask a few questions on your xMusic post.

Thanks,
scottw

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:28 pm

Now that I've finally got xLiveShout out of the way (for now) I am going to revisit my database sorting plugin. I think I can get it to do what you want.

My vision was for it to display a simple list of sorted items with no nesting. So in your situation you will be able to list tracks, and any other info that is at that level. Although thinking about it - I could make a special case for music by also including the cover art and album name from the parent item.

I do the same currently with my TV Episodes to get the last 10 entered by date, as for the sorted list I don't want to drill down by series, just show the tv show name and the air date and of course a screen grab.

I will be back on this in a few days as I need it myself... so keep your eyes on the plugin section.
defrag

Postby scottw on Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:37 am

thanks defrag...you are great to have around :D
scottw