displaying volume level onscreen?

title says it all

displaying volume level onscreen?

Postby cowanrg on Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:50 pm

is it possible, with the help of girder, or something else to have the volume seen onscreen?

many mixers (m-audio, lynx, etc) have a box that shows the volume number (ie - -33dB or whatever). is it possible to read that text and relay it back to xlobby? OR, with girder, every time the volume changes (with girder commands), have it display the new variable from that box?

i like having an all-in-one HTPC, but i dont like not knowing what level the volume is at, since movies i play very loud and music is much quieter, so i like to know where that "knob" is at...
cowanrg

Postby wesblack on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:03 am

The beta release that is due out by Friday already has the Master Volume control available on screen, you can now place it any where you want, system wide. We will be implementing Mute and separate media player Volumes. Most likely we will have a Xlobby mixer set of controls and functionability. The final release will have a transparent overlay that pops up when Mute or Volume is changed you can have control over system several Volume levels, etc. Each function is slightly different from a Remote Control interface compared to a Touchscreen interface. There will be many features available for Volume, Mute functions in the future.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby cowanrg on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:07 am

that sounds very nice. however, will this be limited to the windows volume control? most of the higher end cards have to use their own controls. so, i wouldnt be able to use those features.
cowanrg

Postby cowanrg on Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:40 pm

ive tried figuring this out, but no luck.

is there ANY way to get girder to just read the text from one program and spit it out somewhere else? or another program perhaps?

the mixer specifically says the volume level. i would LOVE for this to showup on my PPC, or in xlobby, or via an onscreen overlay. anything would be fine. any way to do this?
cowanrg