Naylia's XLobbyMC Skin - Updated 1 JANUARY 2006 www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby petrman on Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:09 pm

Thanks I would appreciate it!
petrman

Theme Packs are coming !!!

Postby Naylia on Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:10 am

Well, I didn't get onto a system that had XLobby installed so the writeup and fixes will have to wait. However, it being some time since I made any mods, I have developed my first Theme Pack that will be able to replace the existing BlueTwo theme. It will match the Black/Gold version of SageMC. Setup will just be to replace the images in the skin/SageMC/buttons folder with the images from the zip files. I'll upload them as soon as I figure out how to get into the ftp server again :)
Naylia

Postby Naylia on Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:49 am

The category for the playlist on the ppc screens is misnamed...it reads "playlists" for the db name when it should read "playlist". I've addressed this and the red bar and the my tv button and I'll post the update as soon as I'm at home with ftp software
Naylia

Postby JMan on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:49 pm

Thanks for all the help. Could anyone recommend a good ppc? I have tried 2 so far, an rx1955, good but infared only goes about 3 feet (looking for one that I can use as a universal remote). So then I bought an iPAQ rx3115, because it was listed as having a range of about 25 feet, and comes with a builtin remote control software. But then I found out you have to use the stylus.
JMan

Postby Naylia on Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:12 pm

Might want to ask that in the general forum so it gets a wider audience.
Naylia

Postby petrman on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:05 am

Just wanted to check in Naylia see if you got to the pc games thing I asked about earlier. Thanks.
Jason
petrman

Postby petrman on Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:02 pm

petrman wrote:Just wanted to check in Naylia see if you got to the pc games thing I asked about earlier. Thanks.
Jason

I'm quoting myself ..this is deep... I got the pc games to work just cloned the menu page and then changed the event to rxecute the exe for each game.
I got a new question though how do I change the hover picture to change to what I want to the corresponding buttons. Where is the link between the 2?
Thanks.
petrman

Postby Naylia on Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:18 am

I have to setup a pc game myself so I'm going to try to step that through for you sometime this week if you want it set up with cover art and such...but with regards to your current question....open the skin editor....select a button...choose the advanced tab....and then select the "image" you want to "Show and Hide". The images/buttons you want to show hide have to have names.
Naylia

Theme Packs added and available for download!

Postby Naylia on Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:02 am

First new theme pack is up...now you can use either Blue or Black. Just follow the below steps. Let me know if you have any issues. Downloads are in first post.

CHANGING THEMES
-Download a theme pack.
-Unzip and place the buttons folder and background folder in the skins/XLobbyMC directory.
-Accept it overwriting the existing files.
-Start XLobby!
Naylia

Postby Necro on Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:38 am

I'm trying to use this Theme with TVMan...and I've created my own 'TV Show' section with a category, etc.

The main issue I'm having is how can I set it up to have a remote 'screen' come up when I play one of these shows? I tried mimicing the event from the video/movies section, but it doesn't seem to work (it actually starts playing in Zoomplayer and crashed out Xlobby). I'm just stopping music, goto zoomplayer, then execute the TV category.

Any ideas? Can I just clone the zoom screen or am I missing a setting somwehere?
Necro

Postby Naylia on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:22 pm

What is TVMan...is it a playback program? Does it generate a database? In general what is it....I´m on google Sweden right now and I can´t seem to get any worthwhile hits on it...on another note...anyone know how to get to google US from an outside country?
Naylia

Postby Necro on Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:09 am

Heh, it's a program that generates a catalog database of TV episode movie files. It's over in the Plugin section of this forum. Basically, the issue I was having was getting another remote control screen to work with the config I had. I THINK I've gotten it working by cloning the movie remote screen and renaming it. I need to do some more testing.
Necro

Postby Naylia on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:10 pm

Sounds like you are on the right track if you are using ZP to playback the tv episodes....the kinks to work out will probably be in your event which plays back the video or in the 'file types' section of the setup.
Naylia

Postby cinOxen on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:25 am

First off thanks to Naylia for providing such a great skin. While I'm not really a Microsoft fan they did manage to create a good looking HTPC interface and it's very nice to be able to use in xlobby.

I really think the skin could use search functionality however. I've been trying to implement it but can't seem to get it working.

I've tried to copy the technique used by other skins as follows.

Create an overlay with the category "filterdetails".
Link to this overlay from music with an event that first does a "show overlay" then "set filter". The overlay also has various buttons that set the filter for genre, artist, albums, etc.

While this method seems to work on other skins and a dummy skin I made for testing it doesn't seem to work on this skin.

I've provided the skin in a zip to see if anyone would take a look. Here is what the overlay (music_filter) looks like:
(filterdetails is on the right)

The skin is here.

If this ends up working I think it would be a great addition to Naylia’s official skin.
cinOxen

Postby snootch on Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:21 am

Naylia wrote:What is TVMan...is it a playback program? Does it generate a database? In general what is it....I´m on google Sweden right now and I can´t seem to get any worthwhile hits on it...on another note...anyone know how to get to google US from an outside country?

Hi there, i just started using Xlobby, and your skin, I must say it rocks! I am using your skin with the black/gold mod, and i am learning how to modify/add buttons. BTW, the address for Google US while in a foriegn country is: http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en
snootch

PreviousNext