Using Girder to transfer 'text' to/from XLobby

Help each other out

Using Girder to transfer 'text' to/from XLobby

Postby CouchPotatoe on Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:40 am

I would like to send some text from Girder to appear on a button in XLobby for example to display say CallerID from my phone line. I can get the value into Girder no problem - is there a way to transfer this to a text button that is displayed in XLobby ??

Also - looking at this the other way around is it possible to send say the name of the currently playing mp3 track / artist / album out of XLobby to Girder and into a variable ?

I can send 'triggers' either way but cant just see how to send 'data'

MTIA Chris

PS To display over XLobby I realise I could overlay the text using one of the Girder OSD plugins but that wasn't quite what I wanted to achieve - I wanted to permanently set a button text to the last callers name /number/time - perhaps even a call log.
CouchPotatoe

Postby Twit on Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:45 am

Not sure about the button thing - but I think you can get the current track straight out of winamp - check girder site on how to do it.
Twit

Postby CouchPotatoe on Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:06 am

Ahh yes - that would be a way around it - but I was hoping to not have to have WinAmp running for the application I had in mind. It's a cunning workaround though.
I am thinking I could do some of this by managing an XML datafile directly from LUA in Girder but again that's messy too.
CouchPotatoe