Revisiting trailers & how to set up

Help each other out

Revisiting trailers & how to set up

Postby Tracie on Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:17 pm

Hello all,
I've gone & downloaded the latest version & wow, has it changed a lot since v39, which is what I've been running. I've managed to set most of my programs, but I can't seem to get trailers working. Can someone walk me through this? Right now the path to my trailers looks like this:

c:\trailers\title\VIDEO_TS

If it matters, I'm running all of my movies off of a media server & that part is working fine, along with the command line /RES 1920 1080 that I was able to get working with TheaterTek.

Thanks in advance.
Tracie

Postby jowaldo on Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:30 pm

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do... do you want trailers before a movie, or to be able to click a trailer button for a specific movie and see its trailer? If its the latter, did you see this post?

http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1181
jowaldo

Postby Tracie on Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:55 pm

That's cool, no I didn't see that but knew that it was possible.

Sorry, should have been more specific. The trailers that I was referring to are the THX/DTS/DD intros that are so popular. I'd like to have one play before each movie, randomly so it's not the same intro each time. So the ideal for me would be to be able to push "Play Movie" & have TheaterTek load, play the intro & then go straight on to the movie.
Tracie

Postby 3rdman on Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:41 am

Tracie, I have the same issue. For now, I can load a single trailer that I specify in the event manager. But to actually load a random one is where the problem seems to remain...at least for now.

You should look in the bugs forums as there is a post to track TheaterTek bugs. Apparantly this is a TT issue.
3rdman

Postby Tracie on Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:32 am

3rdman,
Can you tell me how you set that up with the event manager? I'd settle for one at this point. When/if they get the bug ironed out then I can revisit this later.
Tracie

Postby 3rdman on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:35 pm

Goto Event Manager and (assuming you're running the latest version) find movie>load tt playlist and you should see an entry called "play random trailer". Delete that and replace it with "play trailer" and then browse to a trailer of your choice. Make sure to have /AP 2 /PATH %playlist% in your command section in the file type section.

It works for me, but your mileage may vary.
3rdman

Postby Tracie on Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:13 am

Thanks 3rdman, will give it a try.
Tracie