Integrate program window in XLobby

Help each other out

Integrate program window in XLobby

Postby Arthur on Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:52 am

Hello,

I'm using Terractec Active radio (terractec Cinergy 600 TV/radio card) as a radio receiver (normal FM radio, no internbet radio) This program uses a small windows window (fixed size). Can I integrate this window in Xlobby?
It is possible to make xlobby start the program, and then it is on top. However, if you move to another screen and come back, the program is below the xlobby screen, and can't be reached.
Any suggestions?

Arthur
Arthur

Postby Arthur on Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:31 am

Ok, I found out that axife Fm player (free download) can handle command lines, so it is possible to choose the preset radio station using XLobby. However, it is not possible to use a get command to get frequency :(
Arthur

Postby Arthur on Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:55 am

Solved it using Girder. (http://www.girder.nl)
A new screen for the radio was added. When opening this screen a command is send to girder to check wether the radio is already open. If not, open the radio, if it is open, set focus to the radio. As Xlobby stays in front after I've set focus to the radio (radio stays second) I send an extra OS command from girder "task switcher" which is the same as using Alt Tab, so now it is in front.

I added the girder command below. To test copy it into file and rename radio.GML. THe girder program should be installed

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Girder><Group Name="Radio" Identifier="6941" Enabled="TRUE"><MultiGroup Name="ShowRadio" Identifier="6938" Enabled="TRUE"><StateCount>1</StateCount><StateBegin>1</StateBegin><StateCurrent>1</StateCurrent><StateInvert>FALSE</StateInvert><Command Name="CheckRadio" Identifier="6949" Enabled="TRUE"><Comments>Controleer of de radio al geopend is of dat deze nog moet worden geopend</Comments><StateCount>1</StateCount><StateBegin>1</StateBegin><StateCurrent>1</StateCurrent><StateInvert>FALSE</StateInvert><OSD>FALSE</OSD><Target_name>TerraTec ActiveRadio</Target_name><Target_class>#32770</Target_class><Target_exe>TTRADIO.EXE</Target_exe><CTarget_class>Button</CTarget_class><Submatch>FALSE</Submatch><Topmost>FALSE</Topmost><MatchBy>7</MatchBy><OneMatch>FALSE</OneMatch><UseVar>FALSE</UseVar><MatchHidden>FALSE</MatchHidden><MatchNum>1</MatchNum><ActionType>4</ActionType><ActionSubType>13</ActionSubType><bValue1>FALSE</bValue1><bValue2>FALSE</bValue2><bValue3>FALSE</bValue3><lValue1>6979</lValue1><lValue2>6980</lValue2></Command><EventString Name="EventString" Identifier="6967" Enabled="TRUE" Invert="FALSE" Device="18" IrStr="RadioTonen"></EventString></MultiGroup><Command Name="CloseRadio" Identifier="6966" Enabled="TRUE"><StateCount>1</StateCount><StateBegin>1</StateBegin><StateCurrent>1</StateCurrent><StateInvert>FALSE</StateInvert><OSD>FALSE</OSD><Target_name>TerraTec ActiveRadio</Target_name><Target_class>#32770</Target_class><Target_exe>TTRADIO.EXE</Target_exe><Submatch>FALSE</Submatch><Topmost>FALSE</Topmost><MatchBy>7</MatchBy><OneMatch>FALSE</OneMatch><UseVar>FALSE</UseVar><MatchHidden>FALSE</MatchHidden><MatchNum>1</MatchNum><ActionType>1</ActionType><ActionSubType>5</ActionSubType><bValue1>FALSE</bValue1><bValue2>FALSE</bValue2><bValue3>FALSE</bValue3><EventString Name="EventString" Identifier="6968" Enabled="TRUE" Invert="FALSE" Device="18" IrStr="RadioSluiten"></EventString></Command><MultiGroup Name="RadioForeground" Identifier="6979" Enabled="TRUE"><StateCount>1</StateCount><StateBegin>1</StateBegin><StateCurrent>1</StateCurrent><StateInvert>FALSE</StateInvert><Command Name="CenterRadio" Identifier="6951" Enabled="TRUE"><StateCount>1</StateCount><StateBegin>1</StateBegin><StateCurrent>1</StateCurrent><StateInvert>FALSE</StateInvert><OSD>FALSE</OSD><Target_name>TerraTec ActiveRadio</Target_name><Target_class>#32770</Target_class><Target_exe>TTRADIO.EXE</Target_exe><Submatch>FALSE</Submatch><Topmost>FALSE</Topmost><MatchBy>7</MatchBy><OneMatch>FALSE</OneMatch><UseVar>FALSE</UseVar><MatchHidden>FALSE</MatchHidden><MatchNum>1</MatchNum><ActionType>1</ActionType><ActionSubType>11</ActionSubType><iValue1>160</iValue1><iValue2>160</iValue2><bValue1>FALSE</bValue1><bValue2>FALSE</bValue2><bValue3>FALSE</bValue3></Command><Command Name="SetFocusRadio" Identifier="6953" Enabled="TRUE"><StateCount>1</StateCount><StateBegin>1</StateBegin><StateCurrent>1</StateCurrent><StateInvert>FALSE</StateInvert><OSD>FALSE</OSD><Target_name>TerraTec ActiveRadio</Target_name><Target_class>#32770</Target_class><Target_exe>TTRADIO.EXE</Target_exe><Submatch>FALSE</Submatch><Topmost>FALSE</Topmost><MatchBy>7</MatchBy><OneMatch>FALSE</OneMatch><UseVar>FALSE</UseVar><MatchHidden>FALSE</MatchHidden><MatchNum>1</MatchNum><ActionType>1</ActionType><ActionSubType>6</ActionSubType><bValue1>FALSE</bValue1><bValue2>FALSE</bValue2><bValue3>FALSE</bValue3></Command><Command Name="BringRadioToFront" Identifier="6981" Enabled="TRUE"><Comments>Omdat set focus Xlobby toch op voorgrond houd, wordt dit commando gegeven</Comments><StateCount>1</StateCount><StateBegin>1</StateBegin><StateCurrent>1</StateCurrent><StateInvert>FALSE</StateInvert><OSD>FALSE</OSD><Target_name>Program Manager</Target_name><Target_class>Progman</Target_class><Target_exe>EXPLORER.EXE</Target_exe><Submatch>FALSE</Submatch><Topmost>FALSE</Topmost><MatchBy>7</MatchBy><OneMatch>FALSE</OneMatch><UseVar>FALSE</UseVar><MatchHidden>FALSE</MatchHidden><MatchNum>1</MatchNum><ActionType>2</ActionType><ActionSubType>18</ActionSubType><bValue1>FALSE</bValue1><bValue2>FALSE</bValue2><bValue3>FALSE</bValue3></Command></MultiGroup><MultiGroup Name="OpenRadio" Identifier="6980" Enabled="TRUE"><StateCount>1</StateCount><StateBegin>1</StateBegin><StateCurrent>1</StateCurrent><StateInvert>FALSE</StateInvert><Command Name="Open_Radio" Identifier="6947" Enabled="TRUE"><StateCount>1</StateCount><StateBegin>1</StateBegin><StateCurrent>1</StateCurrent><StateInvert>FALSE</StateInvert><OSD>FALSE</OSD><Target_name>TerraTec ActiveRadio</Target_name><Target_class>#32770</Target_class><Target_exe>TTRADIO.EXE</Target_exe><Submatch>FALSE</Submatch><Topmost>TRUE</Topmost><MatchBy>7</MatchBy><OneMatch>FALSE</OneMatch><UseVar>FALSE</UseVar><MatchHidden>FALSE</MatchHidden><MatchNum>1</MatchNum><ActionType>2</ActionType><ActionSubType>14</ActionSubType><sValue1>C:\Program Files\TerraTec\Cinergy 600 TV\ActiveRadio\TTRadio.exe</sValue1><iValue2>10</iValue2><bValue1>FALSE</bValue1><bValue2>FALSE</bValue2><bValue3>FALSE</bValue3></Command></MultiGroup></Group></Girder>
Arthur

Postby mattdisaster on Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:02 pm

Awesome! I've actually asked for the intergrated program window a while back but forgot all about it. I'll have to try somethign similar to what you did with my fm card when I get my friggin htpc back up and running. Great job!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby wmandra on Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:16 am

I know that you said that you got it to work using girder, but I have another suggestion (mostly because I just don't like girder). How about an exe wrapper for the program. I am actually thinking about writing one just for the fun of it, but I am curiuos to know if anyone would use it first.

The way I was thinking of implementing it was as a generic wrapper application for any other program. Then you could configure it in an XML file and have control of any other application by using the Xlobby sendmessage command.

Any thoughts....
wmandra

Postby Arthur on Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:10 pm

very inetresting!

The use of girder was just the only way I could get it working, but it's a bit over th etop to use girder to just open an external program :)
I would be interested in your little application, however, I don't know how it would work. The radio tuner program I'm using doesn't accept sendmessage commands.
From your reply I understand that you would use a small program which is capable of opening other program windows or bring thos windows to front?
Well it sounds verry promising and I think it would be a generic solution for a lot of problems.

Arthur
Arthur

Postby wmandra on Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:04 pm

Arthur, I will work on it this weekend and post a link when I get it done. Let me also try to explain the idea a little better. Say you have a FM radio program that you want to use with Xlobby, most likely thr program will respond to keyboard shortcuts. So what you would need to do is map those shortcuts to message numbers in say an XML file. Instead of starting the FM program directly you start this other little app which will start the FM tuner app. Then you use Xlobby's sendmessage to send the message numbers to the wrapper which in turn will send the corresponding keyboard shortcut to the FM app. With this approach it is also possible to control window size, location & visibility.

I hope that wasn't too confusing. The actual way the program would work is similar to girder, but much less complicated.

Bill
wmandra

Postby Arthur on Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:37 am

wmandra,

Sounds very simple. And yes, the program responds to keyboard shortcuts. It would be cool to have such a program.

Arthur
Arthur

Postby steph99 on Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:46 am

Hi Bill!

Any news on the wrapper development? I'm convinced that many users will love your a little app. It'd expand xlobby's possibilitys a lot, I think.
steph99

Postby wmandra on Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:45 pm

Arthur, It's coming along, but I don't have anything solid yet. I've been really busy trying to finish two other Xlobby plugins. One is a WMP9 player for movies ripped into MPEG or AVI format, the other is a program that integrates GotTV into Xlobbby. I think I am going to but the TV plugin on hold for a little bit until steven gets more work done on the EPG.
Sorry, it's taking so long but I will really push to have something by next week. I probably won't have to much time this weekend since my wife is coming to visit, but if I can get most of it done before then, I should be able to finish it on either Mon or Tue.
Bill
wmandra

Postby mattdisaster on Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:04 pm

wmandra wrote:... the other is a program that integrates GotTV into Xlobbby. I think I am going to but the TV plugin on hold for a little bit until steven gets more work done on the EPG.

I can't wait for that friggin gottv addon/plugin(whatever you want to call it)! Good Luck, it's nice to see some programming savy people throwing some stuff out for xlobby.
-matt
mattdisaster

Postby wmandra on Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:52 pm

matt,
Send me a message with your email address and I will send you an advance copy of my TV plugin if you want to take a look at it.

Bill
wmandra

Postby mattdisaster on Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:15 pm

Sorry, but private messaging doesnt work on the board, my email is mailto:mattnorman82@snet.net or mailto:warrenlars@hotmail.com I can't wait to try it out! Thanks again!

-matt
mattdisaster