TV Scheduling from EPG - DABDig

Speak your mind

TV Scheduling from EPG - DABDig

Postby m_ski on Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:06 pm

Has anybody had a look at using DABDig http://www.spidersweb.freeserve.co.uk/dab/dabdig.htm which provides a common link between an EPG and a whole host of TV cards? As far as I can tell it could be a way of making a standard output from the xlobby EPG using a command line interface and then DABDig will do the modfying to make it correct for each of the different TV cards.

The supported devices at present are:

PSION Wavefinder Digital Radio - via DAB Bar and WinDAB
Modular Technology PCI Card - DAB radio - via DAB Bar
Technotrend/Hauppauge WinTV DVB-S, DVB-T and DVB-C board - via DVBControl, DVBsVCR2 [experimental], Videorecorder by Steffen Stuhr [experimental] and ProgDVB (budget models via Technotrend v2 software for now)
Technotrend/Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T and Dec 2000-T - via Nova-T Scheduler and Videorecorder by Steffen Stuhr [experimental]
Technotrend/Hauppauge WinTV (and other Conexant CX23415 & CX23416 based) cards via WinTVCap
Technotrend/Hauppauge WinTV-PVR via the native WinTV2K application
Nebula DigiTV
Leadtek WinFast - via the standard WinFast software or as a TVPI-enabled application
Creative VideoBlaster Digital VCR
ATi All-in-Wonder style devices - via ATi MMC
Matrox eTV
TiVo - via TiVo Web (manrec in particular)
AverMedia AVerTV DVB
TwinHan Vision+ via their native VisionDTV/TwinHanDTV
WebScheduler into a variety of TV cards
GB-PVR into a variety of cards
Radiator into a variety of radio cards
General Windows Video devices that have WDM drivers - via Virtual VCR and ChrisTV
General audio devices and stream capturers - via Total Recorder or Replay Radio
Plus (in theory) a bunch of other applications that support the TVPI/TVVI interface, such as Macro Image Technology MyHD
Other generic media managers, such as myHTPC and J. River Media Jukebox/media Center

Note: ChrisTV and VirtualVCR are supported which provide support for a whole host of analogue TV cards (WDM cards).

I am just starting to learn about this and haven't bought my TV card (should be getting a DVB card within the next few months) and would appreciate soom feedback from you guys.

I wonder if this could be used with the EPG setup that the french team are using to provide more extensive support for other Tv cards?
m_ski

Postby Paul Webster on Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:04 am

If someone does want to look more deeply into this and needs to know more about DABDig then let me know. Making changes in my stuff to help integrate is not usually a problem.
Note - DABDig does not drive the devices directly .. in general it writes data into the schedule of the native application for the TV/Radio/etc card.
Paul Webster

Postby lar282 on Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:00 am

the plugin schedule and record should now support Dabdig. See plugin section
lar282