SOLVED:Latest V3 hangs on entering the movie screen

V3 help and support questions

SOLVED:Latest V3 hangs on entering the movie screen

Postby lar282 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:02 am

Works good when on my vista lab machine, but when I tried V3 on my htpc(xp sp2), Xlobby hang on entering movie screen. Killed it and tried again. Same thing? I used the same database and everything as I did on my vista lab machine so I know everything works.

Steven any idea on what it can be? Do u have any hidden command line options to enbale debug/logging I can try?

I really hate to say this but it seems like V3 is not really ready to replace V2 yet. looks like it needs more testing on more machines first. And oh yeah, still looking forward for a list of bugfixes and examples/guides on how to use the new features in V3. Example the service checker.

Regards

//Lasse

EDIT:Solved. Rebuild database then it worked on both machines:EDIT
Last edited by lar282 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lar282

Re: Latest V3 hangs on entering the movie screen

Postby wesblack on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:42 pm

Does the XP machine have the .NET 3.5, SP1 framework installed.

Link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7&displaylang=en

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby lar282 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:46 pm

Yes

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5

Different versions:
http://alt.pluralsight.com/wiki/default ... nWiki.html
lar282

Postby wesblack on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:20 pm

V3 is ready and does work on all the hardware we have here just fine.

So you just select movies and then it hangs. Is this the default skin your using.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby lar282 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:45 pm

will try with def skin tomorrow. my skin has no wierd stuff in it.no enter events or anything, but I will try. kind of gave it up since the skin editor and setup is not scalable and does not show it all for us! I use 16:9 resolution with dvi connection.

say this in a kind way, but when u release 3 versions in one day, it is not ready.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby wesblack on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:43 pm

Thats because most of the installers are not using these new builds yet and are not using the functions that experienced xLobby users demand from previous versions of xLobby. :D

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby lar282 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:32 am

wesblack wrote:Thats because most of the installers are not using these new builds yet and are not using the functions that experienced xLobby users demand from previous versions of xLobby. :D

Wes Black \ Calrad

That's why I said it's not ready. It can't be ready if two persons test the builds, and without any proper beta(closed or open) the product can't be thouroglhy tested. In the past Steven put up the test build on the web and in Xlobby we tressed download new exp build and everybody tested it. the function is still there in the gui but threre hasn't been any updates. I don't think many people tested the alpha builds very much since it was crippled and the last alpha was even locked down. It's fine with me, but one can't assume a product works in different environments if one doesn't let a group of different people that run different setup test the product first.
Don't get me wrong now for saying the above. I say it so it can be better in the future and I will never stop using Xlobby, cause it truely is the best frontend out there. I just hope we can be a part of doing it better!

Regards

//Lasse
lar282