multiscreen a/v outputs

Speak your mind

multiscreen a/v outputs

Postby poynt on Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:57 pm

i was directed here because i was told that if i wanted to output 2 to 3 signals, that is audio and video from my htpc to different screens/monitors in other places in my house, and i should look at xlobby as a frontend.

so the question is can i send either by hardwiring or networking, say a movie or tv to a second or even a third monitor/tv in the house, without having a 2nd or more pcs at the other end. Audio via the soundcard or amp as well.

also is it possible to be able to control the siganl, ie have a different source playing in different locations, i intend using a Dell Axim x3i ppc.

am i looking at av cables and distribution amps or cat5/6 and a wifi network system.

the main media screen will be a 32+" lcd or plasma, with vga/dvi/composite/component outputs and the others (17-19"tft) probably vga/dvi as i want them to function as pc monitors as well.
poynt

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:16 pm

setting up audio zones for your music section would be easy to do, and they can be controlled through xnet (ppc, or fat client)

The video is a little more tricky, you going to be using multiple video cards for the different outputs. Its tricky because just say you select a dvd to play...normally it would play on one screen, but I think you want to do something lile "play dvd to output 1" or "play dvd to output 2". Can you post a llayout diagram of what you want to do maybe.
stevenhanna6