xnet, servers , fat clients and s3!!

Help each other out

xnet, servers , fat clients and s3!!

Postby defrag on Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:17 pm

Has anyone running an xnet server on a pc that sleeps noticed issues when the pc resumes and does not appear to refresh the connected clients? I have 2 fat clients that connect at various times and 1 will sleep, the other shut down. The issue seems to be when the server wakes from slumber, the instance of xlobby does not refresh it's connected clients and refuses to allow clients to connect by sending a sockets error to the client. Just to add another thing into the mix, I run xlobby on the server as a service running under the system account. If a fat client sleeps, the xnet server finally sleeps with a reference to a client that is no longer connected.

Pressing the xnet refresh button under F2 doesn't appear to clear this, the only way is to restart xlobby.

Also what do people find is the best solution for handling server instances when resuming from s3? I'm loath to restart xlobby on the server everytime the server wakes as the server may sleep whilst watching an offline movie on a fat client or listening to shuotcast on a fat client. My xWol plugin always ensures that when a fat client is running it will wake the server if it falls asleep.

I'm currently running a mix of free and pay lobby, but free lobby is providing the xnet server instance.

Any thoughts?
defrag