New Plugin: Xscrollbar

Xlobby plugin development

Postby m_ski on Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:05 pm

for some reason, my Music Page total went from 40 to 102

GFORCE, can you explain further, I don't really understand what you mean. Did my plugin change your database somehow?
m_ski

Postby galileo2000 on Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:13 pm

m_ski,

Thanks for getting those instructions.

It's much more clear now.

But please, please, please implement Windows-type scroll functionality!!!
galileo2000

Postby Colby on Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:07 am

If you click above or below the actual bar then this would implement a page up or page down.

Is the above exactly how you would like to see it working or have I missed anything?

yeah on large categories I would want to click in the "track" and it move to the part of the category not just page up or down, I have buttons for that.
Example: I have 100 pages of category. I click the center of the track I am on page 50. I click on bottom 75% of track and Im on page 75 etc. Thats how windows works.

And while I am thinking of it, a text popup would be nice showing where I was going to. so I scroll and it says page # of # before I let off the slider. This could even be a seperate textbox.

While your doing the slider thing, How hard would it be to do an alphabet slider? 27 divisions, #ABC... and we could slide to the appropriate start of that sort.
Colby

Postby GFORCE on Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:00 am

i had 70 Pages, then after i used your plugin, the pages increased to 102.

I cleared the database after your plugin was active and all is well now :D

Very Nice Plugin
GFORCE

Postby m_ski on Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:42 pm

Colby, (and others)

thanks for the comments. I have been investigating further how to implement this and wanted your thoughts again.
In windows if you click once above or below the scrollbar it does a 'page up' or 'page down' but if you click and hold it does successive 'page up's (or 'page down's) until the scrollbar reaches the cursor. Would you want it like this or as you said above.

For the ABC scrollbar I could easily divide the scrollbar into 27 segments, one representing each letter (or other) but this would lose the ability to illustrate how much of the current category you are viewing as the scrollbar would be always 1/27 of the scrollbar track in length. Maybe I could expand the scrollbar to illustrate how many letters are covered by the current page, so if you had all albums beginning with D,E or F on one page the scrollbar would be 3/27 long and start at position 5/27.

Or I could do the same as you suggested above with the page no. thing and show the letter that the first album on the selected page begins with(or maybe even better - the name of the album that would appear at the start of the page you are about to scroll to?) in a text box. Any thoughts?

I really want to make this plugin useful so any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated to make it good for everyone.
m_ski

Postby galileo2000 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:07 pm

[quote="m_ski"]...show the letter that the first album on the selected page begins with(or maybe even better - the name of the album that would appear at the start of the page you are about to scroll to?) in a text box.

[quote]

The idea above is an excellent one.
galileo2000

Postby galileo2000 on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:12 pm

Any news on this plugin development? I need it..:D
galileo2000

Postby m_ski on Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:16 am

I've had a few thoughts about how I am going to do it but am concentrating on another plugin at the moment that does smooth transitions between screens - seems to be more in demand.
I will get back to it at some point - I just need to increase my programming knowledge while writing the other plugin which is teaching me a lot.
m_ski

Postby galileo2000 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:33 am

m_ski wrote:I've had a few thoughts about how I am going to do it but am concentrating on another plugin at the moment that does smooth transitions between screens - seems to be more in demand.
I will get back to it at some point - I just need to increase my programming knowledge while writing the other plugin which is teaching me a lot.

Hmmm..I don't need smooth transitions plugin..I need scrolling plugin!!!:D

Pretty please?
galileo2000

Postby dalanik on Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:47 am

galileo2000 wrote:
Hmmm..I don't need smooth transitions plugin..I need scrolling plugin!!!:D

Pretty please?

But I'd love the transitions plugin!!! :-)
dalanik

Postby m_ski on Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:41 pm

Dalibor, I have sent you a PM.
m_ski

Postby dalanik on Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:51 pm

dalanik

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:49 am

I finally tried this and it turn out to be great plugin. But theres two limitations which i hope u could adress.

1. It doesnt obey clicking, if u click bar area, bar and category should move point of click.

2. It would need some enchanging to be able to handle "extended categories" made with my plugin xPerT. so would be great if u could make other variable which would allow user to set how many category items there is on screen at the time instead of fetching it from xlobby.

for example:

plugin>xscrollbar>horizontal>music>music_bar>6

where six would be number items on screen.

also if u plan to implement option 1. scrollbar could also be more precise for clicks in xPerT type of extended categories, since u can advance them using next_item, instead of next_page.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby m_ski on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:33 am

I don't really have any plans to do any further development on this as xlobby now has built in scrollbar functionality. However, my graphics do work a bit better than the built in xlobby stuff as I use 3 separate images for each scrollbar so that the ends of the scrollbar do not get stretched.
I think another user (Sagitaz? maybe?) said they were using my plugin for the graphics and the built in xlobby one for the clicking/dragging functionality, I don't need this myself as I use a remote control and the scrollbar is only there to give visual information about the size/position of the category.

If there is enough demand from other users I could extend the plugin further to include the xPerT stuff you mentioned.
m_ski

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:52 pm

m_ski wrote:If there is enough demand from other users I could extend the plugin further to include the xPerT stuff you mentioned.

Fair enough.

Thanx for the info about scrollbar, i wasnt aware that one was built in. So i tried to do same solution than Sagitaz (i dont want rounderness of corners to live either), but it seems i cant get scroll bar in the core to work... im puzzled since my exe is just days old, and really there shouldnt be much u could do wrong with scrollbar>category. Could somebody confirm that built in scrollbar is still working? Im sure that im just missing something silly... any ideas?
P3rv3rt B3ar

PreviousNext