Event?

V3 help and support questions

Event?

Postby Bill Lott on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:18 am

Can you configure a button on the server to trigger a "goto screen" on a client?
Bill Lott

Re: Event?

Postby samsonlov on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:33 pm

Just like you can now make an event on a client a "server-event" and it executes on the server, like you, I am also waiting for Steven to code a solution that makes events on servers assignable as a "client-event" that executes on a client. In addition to goto commands this will allow a user to trigger any event on any client from the server.

Steven mentioned that he might accomplish this using a "pre-event" command that you put at the beginning of the event that tells the rest the commands to execute on a specific client.

Since this ability will allow all the clients to be controlled from "client-specific" control screens on the server, a user can use the server touch-screens or even remote xpad type devices connected to server as a whole-house remote controls.
I hope this will be available soon because this feature will eliminate the need for any third party remote control software in all my installations.
no more Universal Remote, no more RTI, no more Nevo, no more Crestron... Just xLobby and some smart phones and tablets.

Not sure if this is done yet, but when it is working I, for one, will be very excited.
:D
samsonlov

Postby CaM on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 pm

hi, I am waiting on this as well.

I would like to dedicate a htpc only for playing video\sound. Making this the client would mean my xlobby server would no longer have to perform this function.

thanks

CaM
CaM

Postby samsonlov on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:03 am

samsonlov

Postby CaM on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:43 am

choice :)

CaM
CaM