How can I disable Xlobby's internal Firefly control??

Help each other out

How can I disable Xlobby's internal Firefly control??

Postby jlr2000 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:53 am

Okay, this has been driving me nuts for a few days here. I have the latest build of Xlobby, using Zoom Player and a Firefly remote. I just started using LM Remote Keymap but I was getting multiple keypresses. Not until today did I realize that XL has Firefly control built in now. My question is can I disable it somehow? When I am in a movie overlay, I press "OK" to play a movie, Zoom Player jumps up and plays fine. If I hit okay two more times (like for a dvd menu or if my kids just hit it for no reason) Zoom Player restarts because XL believes the "Play" button for the movie has been hit. It's like XL always thinks the Firefly remote is controlling XL (not Zoom Player when it's in focus) so both applications respond to navigation and OK button presses.
I hope this makes sense. Since I'm familiar with girder/LM Remote Keymap/firefly I'd prefer to use those to control individual apps (I'm running BeyondTV too). If I'm missing something here please let me know. The new build seems very nice....the new features seem very cool but I'm just trying to get back to a working solution, any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
jlr2000

Re: How can I disable Xlobby's internal Firefly control??

Postby wesblack on Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:36 am

jlr2000

Any reason your not using the new version of xLobby's buit-in DVD media player. We plan on adding a check box to enable\disable the Snapstream, x10, ATI, etc remotes. Sorry this is not in the current build yet.

Wes Black \ Calrad
8)
wesblack

Postby jlr2000 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:47 am

wesblack wrote:jlr2000

Any reason your not using the new version of xLobby's buit-in DVD media player. We plan on adding a check box to enable\disable the Snapstream, x10, ATI, etc remotes. Sorry this is not in the current build yet.

Wes Black \ Calrad
8)

Well, since I bought Zoom Player I thought I'd continue to use it since I know its extra features (like zooming in and out) but mostly since I'm used to it. I've tried the internal player a little, got a weird error (which I'm guessing was from the firefly conflicts). If I used the internal player I'd think I'd want to set it up to play fullscreen on initial play, and then maybe drop to the menu page (using the default skin) during pause. If the movie ends or is stopped it should go back to the main movie listing. I *think* that could all be configured but I've only had marginal success customizing XL. The forums have been great and I had some docs that I printed awhile ago but right now for me the biggest hold back is documentation. XL seems so powerful, so versatile - but somewhat a hunt to figure it out app. To be honest I've been away for a year now and so much has happened, for the better it seems. I'm trying to get caught up, is there other docs somewhere or a definitive list of all available docs? The "Quick Start" guide doesn't go into the depth needed to really get it customized.
Thanks for the answer re: firefly. So I can't disable it now, but the next build will allow me to? Thanks for your reply.
jlr2000

Postby jlr2000 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:06 am

Ah, one more thing regarding the Firefly control. I have multiple setups in my house with a total of 3 Firefly controls. I have each setup set to a specific channel for each remote. It seems like the built in Firefly control accepts all channels. I know this because the main floor remote keeps firing off movies in the basement! :D

It would be nice if in XL I could control what keys do what and also what channel XL should be listening to. Just my 2 cents....

Thanks.

When is the next release due?
jlr2000

Postby wesblack on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:33 am

We are planning on Control mapping capabilities for the Keyboard and IR remote control commands. The idea is that any key from the keyboard or Ir remote devices can be mapped to xLobby varibles as direct events or a set of macro based events with boolean logic along with insertable event timers with several features.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:24 pm

how to disable x10 remote support (temporary solution)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5818#p40305
stevenhanna6

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:03 am

if you are going to improve the remote support, take a look at XRemote....

You need to be able to do most of what that offers directly from inside xlobby (assign diff functions to diff screens etc....)

Sean.
S Pittaway