Music Database sorts goofy?

Help each other out

Music Database sorts goofy?

Postby Colby on Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:58 am

First off let me say I am brand new to Xlobby and I really dig this program, mainly for the customization. Nice work.

Question is: when I scan my directory to create my Music database it does fine, except like half of my albums are under the name "Various Artist" whereas the other half are just fine. Each album has its own directory and name. I dont know why its lumping several albums into a "various" folder and not detecting their names? Its a royal pain in the butt to go and edit the database for all of these albums. What am I doing wrong?

Question 2 is: what is the default file name or file xlobby looks for, to detect an album's cover art? Is it not folder.jpg?
Colby

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:42 pm

Colby, first off - welcome to the board, now on to some answers. It sounds like some of your mp3 id tags (which xlobby uses when compiling your mp3 database) might be off. Look for a program called "tag and rename" and it'll make checking (and fixing) your mp tags a breeze. I believe it just looks for any kinda of .somegraphicextention in the main diretory along with the mp3s and uses it as coverart. I could be wrong, but I believe that in the past I've used other file names like "anti-flag-dieforyourgovernment-cover_front.jpg" and its worked fine. Well good luck!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby Twit on Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:31 pm

Colby,

What matt means if xlobby finds more than one artist (ID3 tag) in a folder it presumes it to be a various album.

Watch out coz it is case sensitive - ie If a Jimi Hendrix album has just one song marked as jimi hendrix (no caps) then it gets clasified as various.

Later
Simon

PS Matt's right about the cover art - put it in the same folder as the album. Mine are all jpg's and called all sorts of things.
Twit

Postby Colby on Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:52 pm

thanks for the advice.

I rip my cd's in windows media player and it automatically assigns an image to the album. I am having trouble with xlobby reading the image I put the file verses the default one WMP creates.
Colby

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:13 pm

Colby, I noticed this a while back. Thing is, media player (being made by microsoft) makes it so you cant delete the images by normal means. I found that if i went into say, nero burning software and browsed the directory on "show all files" it would show a buncha different graphic files that otherwise didnt show up when browsing the folder normally. Through there I was able to remove them, and xlobby found the coverart that i wanted not their crappy ones. Good Luck.

-matt
mattdisaster