Couple of questions concerning the EPG

Speak your mind

Couple of questions concerning the EPG

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:30 pm

Decided to get Xlobby to integrate with my PVR-150. I have a couple of questions concerning the EPG and Zap2it.

Does anyone know how to integrate station logo's? I've downloaded some of them using xmltv, and modified the tvguide.xml file to accept them (and it works) until an update occurs, then the xml file is overwritten and I loose the logo links.

Second question. Does anyone know who to properly sort for channel increment. I went into the config file that xmltv sets up and sorted that list there but upon updating, the EPG list is in the order of station call letters and not channel numbers like I would have thought it should have been?

Tried o2grabber, but it does not appear to work over the pond here in North America (namely Canada).

Thanks in advance.
Marbles_00

Postby S Pittaway on Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:21 pm

yep, in a similar state here....

also is there an esy way of searching the epg or do i need a plugin to do it for me?

also all of my channel names end up going onto two lines even tho there is more than enuff spage in the channel "area"

Ie. "more four" shows up as
"more..."
if i decrease the number of channels i get
"more"
"four"

Seems a bit weird?
S Pittaway

Postby dgemily on Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:46 pm

just to know, did you try xltv plugin ? xltv 2.3 (there is an english documentation and an example skin inside the zip)
you can configure everything with this plugins: channel, logos, record, favorit groups, timeshifting, recorder programmation using epg etc.... I think that this plugins is most awesome plugin that I have seen....

for epg, here is the configuration page :
so of course you need to find a way to get the epg, a link or a local epg (xml file or a zipped file) ...
ps: there is also a video demonstration there : demo xltv
dgemily

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:18 pm

dgemily,

I started playing with the scheduler plugin that uses GBRecord for starters. It can be found here:
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3044

I also thought that, though it works with WinTV2000/WinTV32, I thought it didn't work for PVR type of cards (like the PVR-150/250 etc.), am I wrong in that assumption?

I guess I'm going to have to play with that plugin now.

Thanks for the help.
Marbles_00

Postby dgemily on Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:35 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:I also thought that, though it works with WinTV2000/WinTV32, I thought it didn't work for PVR type of cards (like the PVR-150/250 etc.), am I wrong in that assumption?

as you know, wintv2000 is supported by xltv plugin... and wintv2000 is the software distributed with every hauppauge cards.... so it support your pvr-150.

later
dgemily

Postby S Pittaway on Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:04 pm

i am using a nebula digitv card/software which is not suppported.

I find the picture quality very good using the ditgitv software (not bda drivers) and the channel changes are very quick (fatser than my old set top box), so i dont want to install the bda drivers and use one of the free software packs...

i doubt that it would be a major amount of work to add it to the supported cards, but i guess you havent had one to play with?
S Pittaway

Postby dgemily on Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:57 pm

S Pittaway wrote:i am using a nebula digitv card/software which is not suppported.

I find the picture quality very good using the ditgitv software (not bda drivers) and the channel changes are very quick (fatser than my old set top box), so i dont want to install the bda drivers and use one of the free software packs...

I can understand this...

S Pittaway wrote:i doubt that it would be a major amount of work to add it to the supported cards, but i guess you havent had one to play with?

yep, I haven't a digitv card and I'm not the developper at all, it's from badubo and I don't think he have a digitv card too...

I know that is not so easy to integrate an other software in xltv (especially when you don't have a card, of course :wink: )
first it need to find a way to control it ( by command lines, messages , short cut) and get information:
get channel and channel name, fix the window ( and show and hide it), start and close the application, control channels, volume, mute, timeshifting, sart a record with a specific path ( or get the configured path in the software), stop the record and certainly some others things that I'm forgetting...
then it need to integrate all of these into the plugin...

later
dgemily

Postby S Pittaway on Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:40 am

the only bit am am not sure about is setting the recording file name....

guess i will figure it out :)
S Pittaway

No Tuner

Postby jbretsch on Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:12 pm

It would be nice with an option to run the plugin with no tuner card to be able to do channel number/name conversion and the nicer EPG. this setup would work for external HDTV tuners controlled by xlobby/girder
jbretsch