Fast forward or rewind in WinAmp?

Speak your mind

Fast forward or rewind in WinAmp?

Postby andyh on Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:30 pm

Am I missing something in XLobby or is it not possible to fast forward or rewind within a track (playing in WinAmp) using XLobby events? I've found all the other music control events (play, pause, stop, next track etc.) but I was expecting one in there along the lines of skip forward 30 seconds or something similar.

If it's not in there then I've whipped up a small VB program to send the relevant commands to WinAmp which I could make available if other people would find it useful. By the way I'm running two zones so I need to be able to direct the command at a particular instance of WinAmp.

Andrew
andyh

Postby alaricljs on Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:38 pm

From what I can tell of how some skins work, if there is a rectangular object with an ID of "progressbar" it is draggable like the slider in winamp and has the same effect. It's not ff/rw, more of a direct attach jog-dial.

Honestly I don't have use for this, however the progress-meter that appears as part of this is kinda nifty.

What would you use ff/rw in winamp for anyhow? I don't use it for any video items, and that's the only place I find those functions useful.
alaricljs

Postby Colby on Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:53 pm

no need to make a vb script. You can easily create buttons with sendmessage commands in the event messenger for ff or rewind. See the bottom of my skin doc.

http://xlobby.incolby.com/SkinningXlobb ... age_Events

Your winamp's zone will be the window name if Im not mistaken.
Colby

Postby andyh on Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:18 pm

Aha! I thought I must be over-complicating it by using VB. Thanks very much for the pointers - it looks like the zone names are used as the WinAmp classname.

The reason I need FF/RW is that I'm using XLobby at the moment just for playing back recorded speech radio programmes. When I record something I allow a couple of minutes either side, and I'd like to be able to skip through the padding (see this thread under Support for a screenshot of my playback screen - complete with borrowed graphics).

Andrew
andyh