Using External DVD Jukeboxes

Speak your mind

Using External DVD Jukeboxes

Postby zewt on Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:41 pm

I know there were some topics regarding this, but I don't remember the outcome.

Is it possible to use use my DVD jukebox with xlobby?

If so can someone point me to the info/link?

Thanks. :D
zewt

Postby hjackson on Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:17 am

Yes. :D
First, you will need an USBUIRT to learn all your DVD remote commands into Xlobby "IR events". You would next need to create a movie database then link the remote control event to the database. To read about creating a movie database with info from DVDProfiler go here http://www.xlobby.com/files/jowaldo/doc ... /index.htm
The basic concept in making this all work is that when you press on the DVD cover picture in the movie category that you created, Xlobby will activate an IR event to your DVD changer that will load that DVD so it is ready to play (but not actually play it). Xlobby will then automatically go to the DVD info screen so you get more details of the movie. At the movie details screen there will be a "play" button. When pressed, that button will activate an IR event to your DVD changer to play whatever movie is loaded. Assuming that you are controlling all this from some sort of client PC (ie touchscreen PC,Ipaq), Xlobby will then automatically go to the DVD remote control screen, which will have a representation of a DVD remote controller.
Good luck!

hjackson
hjackson